What is that old adage again, oh yes - "absence makes the heart grow fonder...” and I think there has been a noticeable absence from my meticulous updating!!
That being said, I think the puppy has officially graduated to a rebellious tween! No sooner than the day Faiza and I decided to undertake a fairly innocuous few supper club dates, did we obsess with space, a walk-in fridge and a room worth talking about to match our culinary minds. It is for this reason that I've been noticeably absent from my blog. We looked far and wide, East and West, North and South and low and behold found ourselves in the far corners of Dalston to undertake a series of 7 events. Urban Sage is going trendy, joining forces with Dalston Dining Club and proudly presents : www.number68.com
Last night was officially our first door opener and with Bohemian space, comes bohemian drama, quirky ovens, curious freezers and temperature obsession. We decided to title our first event: "Lies and the Lying Liars who Tell Them: An Evening of Food Deception and Storytelling."
In keeping with the stories read by actors, written by an award winning-short story writer, we prepared duck two ways, and deceptively hid the duck confit in a crepe, and a few other clever flavour tricks. A raging success, save the 25 sugar cages we tried multiple times to build for our tarts. (Thank you bohemian temperature issues). We were all very glad the line deceptive dining worked in our favour, it seemed a go to line, whenever our space failed us. I’m glad we didn’t have to rely to heavily on it!!
A peak at the menu with photos to follow!
* Amuse: Honey Truffle Pistachio Capresse
* Wine: Domaine de la Paleine Cremant de Loire
* Story: The Sacred Elephant performed by Sasha Waddell
* 1st: Wild Mushroom Risotto Cep Aspuma and Beetroot Jelly
* Wine: Mauro Molino Langhe Nebbiolo 2008
* Story: The Storyteller performed by Rebecca Hands -Wicks
* 2nd: Honey Lavender Duck Served Two Ways
* Wine: San Giusto a Rentennano Chianti Classico DOCG 2007
* Dessert: Treacle Tart with a Beurre Noissette Foam
* Story: Deal or No Deal performed by Lin Sargovsky
* Burgeaumont Madeleines and Mint Tea